Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hershey Kiss Pies



I had a burst of energy yesterday which doesn't happened too often at Teacup Lane!

I slept well and got up with nothing aching, hurting or sore.  

A miracle!

So, I decided to start putting away our Christmas decorations.  The Christmas tree is down in the living room and all the loose stuff has been gathered up and boxed away.  I still have the Christmas tree in the family room and the outside lights and decorations to do. 

After lunch rather than taking that nap and still feeling on a roll I decided to try this recipe I found on Pinterest (here) for KISS PIES.

I gathered together just a few simple ingredients.

Simple ingredients like ready made pie crust, egg white, sugar and Hershey Kisses.  

I used Hershey Hugs - chocolate kisses surrounded by white cream.

I wasn't going to use a knife to cut out the circles as suggested in the recipe.  

Sorry, I'm too lazy.

I used one of my biscuit cutters (purchased from Sonoma Williams) in the size recommended.

If you don't have a round biscuit or cookie cutter use a round glass to cut out the circles. 

Going into the oven.

I baked mine for 20 minutes on parchment paper.  

Love that parchment stuff!  

Easy clean up and no sticking.

Out of the oven.

All ready to eat.


My version of KISS PIES.

Yum, yum looking and delicious with a cup of hot tea.

Try it when you need (or must have) a quick and easy chocolate treat - makes 14 pieces.

6 comments:

  1. These are so cute for Valentine's! Or any time really. And I so understand the burst of energy thing, and waking up feeling good. Oh, the things I took for granted....sigh. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are too cute, and I bet they are yummy, too! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Sandy, those look amazing! I'm imagining eating one right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat little recipe! I love it. I'm going to try this with mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my those look so good and I just had dinner and now my dessert bell is ringing, can you hear it? It's saying send over Kisses Pies now....lol...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my mouth is watering.;) You could write a baking book, the images are great.;) I so wish I could taste the picture.;) Yummy;))
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete