Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It's Growing in Red, White & Green!

I'm having fun adding different bands of color to my Christmas Round Ripple.

It's getting bigger too.  

Luckily I'm not. 

We had such good results losing weight last year by counting calories we are continuing the practice this year too.  How much did we lose?  I lost 35 pounds and Hubby lost almost 40!  

Just the other day I discovered a neat app, MyNetDiary, for our iPhones.  It's an app that tracks our daily calories by meal and automatically totals our daily meals for us.  It keeps track of our weight too.  No more manually writing down the foods we eat in a notebook and fussing with the calculations.  After trying out the free version we ended up buying the upgraded app version - it's under $5 and well worth it. 

I have just two New Year's resolutions - continue to lose weight and add more RED in my life!  

Back to crocheting...I'm running out of the lime green color but I'm pretty much done with it.  

Next I plan to add another white band maybe with some of these fancy yarns.

Are you the type that plans out your color design and stitches ahead of time?

Or do you sort of "wing it" like I do?

In this band I added another two rounds of variegated yarn in red, white and dark green.

I may have to get on a step ladder to take the next photos.

I think I want to name this one...something better than just Christmas Round Ripple.

Any suggestions?

And there are more REDs to enjoy with our host, Sue, at 


It's A Very Cherry World


for REDnesday!

15 comments:

  1. Looking good. Fun idea to add some vanity yarn. I think it will finish it off nicely. Those last rows are the bear aren't they. I still have five to go before the border. Adding RED to your life is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ripple you have going there and I like the idea of more red in your life I should take that one up myself. We continue to eat Primal which works well for us keeping us in shape, it's just a lifetime thing no going off, no white stuff. Take Care Nan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in this ripple. I'm going to put this on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hellooo Sandy, first congrats on the weight loss, that is fantastic! I am thinking that this would make a lovely tree skirt. It also reminds me of a 'starburst' - so perhaps "Christmas Starburst" for a name? xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty and cheery. My sister would love it. Maybe I will make her something similar for Christmas this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Pretty! I love all the color. I'm working on a crochet blanket right now too.
    Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm enjoying watching your progress on this, Sandy! I first saw it on Flickr, and you're gotten alot more done since then. It's so gorgeous, a real piece of art!
    Happy REDnesday,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can never have too much red!! It's such a bright, cheery color!! I love your Christmas Round Ripple! I second the motion for Christmas Starburst! That's the first thing I thought when I saw it! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where do I start? Congratulations on the weight loss. Amazing! The blanket it so beautiful! I love the light green playing against the red. ~Kelly

    unDeniably Domestic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your weight-loss journey. I, too, am on one of my own. I found a phone app also and it is great at keeping me on track--besides being simple to use. Love your crochet. I thought of the name Winter Starflower. But I also like the Christmas starburst suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such vibrant colors, this is beautiful.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love it! The lime looks so great with this. I don't know what size it is in this photo, but I can picture this Round as a tablecloth!

    Congratulations on your weight loss! Always a cause for celebration! Mister lost weight by calorie counting and maintains that way loosely. (My turn!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My name for your crocheted beauty is ... RickRack Glory. Confetti Star? or how about just "gorgeous". I hope you won't just use it for Christmas ... it looks like its own celebration any time of year.

    ReplyDelete