Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Busy Here Doing This & That


I've had my single beverage server since Christmas and found a neat tutorial on how to clean it on Pinterest and YouTube.


So I took mine apart and put the K-Cup holder plus drip tray and drip tray plate in the dishwasher.
I didn't put the water reservoir tank in the dishwasher because my Keurig instructions states NOT to put the water reservoir lid or water reservoir tank in the dishwasher.




I used a toothbrush and microfiber cloth to clean the coffee grinds out of the K-Cup portion pack housing.

My Hubby was the smart one who thought to always fill my Keurig with the distilled water from our refrigerator. I will still de-scale it but there aren't any tell tale calcium deposits under the water tank so using distilled water really helps. Also whenever we make hot chocolate we run a cup of clear water through the cycle afterwards. 

I love this beverage maker so I want it to last.



One side of green flower border is done on my Rose Garden Granny Rose throw. 

 I may go back when finished with the green flower border and tack down the flowers so they don't curl up.



A lot of work goes into making a throw and not everyone will appreciate the time and effort a crocheter puts into their piece...I've seen many beautiful vintage works that go for a few dollars. I guess that's life - art forms come and go in popularity. 

I'm glad that crocheting seems to be "in" again!



Amen!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. Sandy, I ordered a Keurig Personal Brewer from QVC when it was a Today's Special a few weeks ago and I am instantly hooked. I need to use the filtered water. Oops, my bad. I also want to try more flavors of coffee and teas. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have this type of coffee maker yet...are you listening Santa? I love the colors of your afghan. Crocheting has always been "in" for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a coffee machine but I'm a fan of using filtered water in electrical appliances (kettle, iron etc).
    It is sad that beautiful work just doesn't attract the price something "with soul" should do.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zapians group is being a perfect example of a method that has used Complexity to inspire and justify its approach to many of the common problems we face in Software development.

    ReplyDelete