Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Happiness Is...

I'm happy today!

For two reasons...


First reason - we have clean carpets! 

 We finally had carpet cleaners come this morning to clean the carpets in our family room, master bedroom and closets, upstairs hallway and both stairwells.

We have Berber carpet in our family room and it came out beautifully. I should have done this sooner. It wasn't cheap but a heck of a lot cheaper than buying new carpet.

We have to let the floors dry for several hours before moving all of our stuff back into the rooms.


Second "happiness" reason - Hubby finished my craft/sewing room shelves yesterday.


One view...


Another view...

Lots of easy to get at shelves...

Now I should be able to keep my craft tables cleared when not working on a project.


Looking better...



But I'm not finished by any means.


This is the stuff in the plastic bins that use to be piled in the closet that I have to sort through. 

 Most of it has been boxed away for years so most of it will probably be given to Good Will or tossed.


Unfortunately this is so true - LOL.

I found some free standing Ikea units that I think could function as a cutting table quite nicely. 

 We plan to go to Ikea Friday to take a look at them.

Hope you are having a day of happiness too!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

7 comments:

  1. It is so nice to have a place for everything and everything in it's place :)

    Enjoy your clean carpets and new shelves :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I bet this is feeling so good. Hubby is super duper awesome for making those shelves...and smiling while working on them to boot! I love these type of projects and can't wait until your next post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dream about having a craft room like yours one day! The shelves look very professionally done..kudos t your husband!

    I'm impressed you blogged from your iPhone! I have to see if Blog press will work on my iPad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shelves look so nice! You've got a keeper husband there, Sandy! Not just for the shelves, of course, but that's a nice bonus to have a handyman husband. I laughed out loud when you said that now you can keep your craft table clear. You do know that won't really happen, right? hehehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great reasons for happy! Wow on the shelves! Your room is going to be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy, I think you use your IPhone to blog all the time? I need to get with it and update my pathetic little basic cheap cell phone! You guys are moving right along. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yay,Sandy!
    love the newly shampooed carpets...
    and love that space in the craft closet!

    hope you get it all organized and not just 'pinned' ...LOL! I can so relate to that little poster, Pat

    ReplyDelete