Tuesday, January 8, 2013

While the Cat's Away...

...The Mice will play!

I'm all alone today. 

 Hubby needed some "man time" so he's on his way to Gettysburg and the battlefields. 

 He won't be back until supper time tomorrow.

It's 9 o'clock in the morning and I'm up, dressed and the bed is made. 

 Yesterday I had my annual routine mammogram in the morning and by the afternoon I was the very proud owner of a Janome Memory Craft 12000 sewing, embroidery and quilting machine! 

 My dream come true!

Look at this beauty!


With the embroidery arm attached (it isn't in this photo) it weights almost 40 pounds.  See all the work space to the right of the needle.  Quilters will love all this room.  It comes with twenty different sewing/embroidery/quilting speciality feet.   And it sews quietly even at high speed.     

I successfully wound the bobbin and threaded the new machine yesterday. 

 I have't tried any embroidery yet.  

I'm working my way through the instructional DVD. 


In between packing away Christmas decorations today (oh my, see above photo), I will also be playing with my new sewing machine.

I saved one of my Christmas chick flick DVDs to watch tonight (Snow White and the Huntsman).

The house is so quiet as I sit here blogging and drinking my coffee. 

 I'm waiting for the finished basement to warm up before I head down there for fun and work.

Fun and work...yes, in that order!

I hope you are having a fun day today too.  

Cute photo of the day!

(source:  Pinterest)


And isn't that a pretty white crocheted throw!

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your new toy! It looks complicated. I'm sure you have more patience than me and can muddle through that video. You'll be an expert in no time. That doc picture is too cute! Those little pink panties are so sweet. It makes me want to go get some for Sammi and Janie. Ha-ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I'd say you are in for a very good day. How exciting to be 'playing' with your new machine.
    I love the thrill of something like that.

    cheers
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! That is one good lookin' machine! I cant wait to see what you make with it! I am soon to have my own first sewing machine up and running, its so nice to look at your blog for inspiration! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful day to enjoy yourself dear Sandy.;) we all need alone time.;)
    That movie is on my must see list, hope you enjoyed it.;)
    Happy New Year,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete