Friday, April 5, 2013

Tussy-Mussy 12" Square No. 2

If at first you don't succeed, try again.  

I decided to put aside my first Tussy-Mussy 12 inch square in acrylic yarn and try again with cotton yarn in different colors. 

 I was stuck on round 9 on my first square in red, pink and blue (read about here).



I guess I wasn't crazy about that color combination and decided to try another one in cotton yarns.


This was my inspiration!

I love the colors in this lovely crewel embroidered flowers in a vase made by my dear MIL.  

The yellows, greens and oranges match the cotton yarn colors I have in my stash.  


First four rounds done.


Starting round seven here in orange.


Finished round eight here with the four chain-three corners.

I'm working on round nine now. 

I have no idea if I'm doing it correctly but I really like this square.

It's challenging for me and interesting too.  

And I like this color combination.

Well, I better get back to work!

3 comments:

  1. Love these colors, Sandy. I always admired crewel work, never tried it, though. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purrrrrr-tee! Looks very intricate. (Translation- too hard for me!). =). I like the purple stitch markers...the purple color looks great with the shades in your motif.

    ReplyDelete