Monday, September 30, 2013

Sewing Up a Storm!



I'm busy as a Bee!  

A sewing bee that is... 


My "Halloween Hoot Owl" wall hanging is finished...finally after I stared at it for several days before I decided to add more quilting lines to the top. 

I guess it is time to get the Fall and Halloween decorations out. 


Yesterday I sewed up a removable exterior no see um fabric screen for our travel van's side door window.


It wasn't difficult...just time consuming to sew all the "pockets" to hold the super magnets in place in the hems. 

Those super magnets are strong!  


Now my Hubby will have air flow upfront in the van on those nice days when AC isn't needed.   It's easy to remove, fold up and store when not in use. 

We can leave this screening up when we are set up at a campground site.   


I'm back to practicing my FMQ (free motion quilting) on my "Merry Christmas Santa" wall hanging.  

It's VERY free motion...my outline stitching is all over the place but I like the looks of it so far.  


Here's our  "Party with Patrick" project for next month.  

A cute birthday wall hanging for a child or for the very young at heart.  


I love adding my own signature touches to Patrick's patterns.   

This is a small wall hanging.  

I'm thinking of adding a border to make it a little larger.   

What do you think of my fabrics? 

I'm off this afternoon for another sewing class.  

This one is all about "Sound Foundations".   

Learning all about the right stabilizers to use with one's sewing projects.  



  P.S.  This is all I crocheted on our trip.  

It will be a multi-colored hexagon throw.  

I may single crochet the hexes together with black yarn.   

Still haven't decided what direction to take.   


Have a lovely day!  

It is beautiful here today.

3 comments:

  1. Fun post! Love those hexies. Wish I had the patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is going very nicely. You'll be doing a whole quilt next !! The new machine is certainly proving to be a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the hoot owl wall hanging, I am really into owls this season, I even bought one from Etsy. I love the colors in yours. And the next Patrick project, the fabric looks like sweet confections. You go, girl. Keep on creating! xo

    ReplyDelete