Thursday, May 1, 2014

May Day!

I'm so glad it is May!


"May" the weather improve for everyone.  

We still have our heat on here believe it or not. 


I have been busy.  

I finished "pink delight", the pink, gray, white and turquoise throw for my niece. 

Sorry about the burry photos. 

Very rainy here with dark days when I took most of the photos.


The only thing left is embroidering a label.  

Should I wait until Christmas to give it to her?


Yesterday I pieced together April's "Party with Patrick" project, "Hope Springs Eternal", a mini wall hanging.
  

I used a few fabric fat quarters with butterfly designs for the background and different colored chevon fabrics fat quarters for the butterfly wings. 


I quilted various flowers in pink thread because you can't have butterflies without flowers. 

Deciding on and placement of the quilted flower designs.

The next and final step is cutting out the binding and sewing it on.

It's looking pretty!

I hope to finish it this week. 


We have workmen here today replacing several window glass panes that went bad with condensation.  

One replaced is our large foyer middle window.  

So nice to have clear glass again. 


So what have you been up to this fine May Day? 

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! You finished up the pink one for your neice! It looks great. Your stitching on the corners with the triangle pieces looks so nice and neat. Great job. I wouldn't be able to wait until Christmas if it were me! She'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oy, my message just disappeared! I can't deal with this iPad, hard to make revisions on typos. Love the blanket and think you should give it now, perfect colors for spring and summer. xo

      Delete
  2. I'd have a hard time waiting until Christmas to give a beautiful gift like that too.

    ReplyDelete